ALEXANDER DE GREAT’S SHOCKING DECISION
On his death bed, Alexander the Great summoned his generals and told them his three ultimate wishes:
1. The best doctors should carry his coffin;
2. The wealth he has accumulated (money, gold, precious stones etc.) should be scattered along the procession to the cemetery; and
3. His hands should be let loose, hanging outside
the coffin for all to see!
One of his generals, who
was surprised by these unusual requests, asked
Alexander to explain.
Here is what Alexander the Great had to say:
1. I want the best doctors to carry my coffin to
demonstrate that, in the face of death, even the
best doctors in the world have no power to heal.
2. I want the road to be covered with my treasure
so that everybody sees that material wealth
acquired on earth, stays on earth.
3. I want my hands to swing in the wind, so that
people will understand that we come to this world empty handed and we leave this world empty handed after the most precious treasure of all is exhausted, and that is TIME.
4. We do not take to our grave any material
wealth, although our good deeds can be our
travelers’ cheques. TIME is our most precious
treasure because it is LIMITED. We can produce
more wealth, but we cannot produce more time.
5. When we give someone our time, we actually give a portion of our life that we will never take back. OUR TIME IS OUR LIFE!
6. So my dear, the best present that you can give
to your family and friends, is your TIME.
May God grant you plenty of TIME in the
months ahead and may you have the wisdom to give it
away so that you can LIVE, LOVE and DIE in
I declare that every person that takes a bit of his time to read this post and share it be blessed